Electronic Asthma Monitor
Handheld device for remote Asthma patient monitoring:
Ideal for monitoring PEF and FEV1 at home, in-clinic, in primary, secondary care, or occupational health.
Fast, accurate & Immediate Results
The Vitalograph asma-1™ is a simple home use electronic respiratory monitor that measures PEF and FEV1. It offers greater accuracy than mechanical peak flow meters and eliminates the need for paper record cards.
Cost effective electronic monitoring
The asma-1 comes with:
- Carry pouch
- Instructions for use
- Plastic mouthpiece for single patient use
asma-1 Electronic Asthma Monitor
- Measures FEV1 and PEF.
- Large, easy to read display.
- Displays % of personal best FEV1.
- Electronic record – no need for record cards.
- Set subject ‘personal best’ zones.
- Automatically stores best values in a test session.
- Quality of blow indicator.
- 600 test memory.
- Suitable for multi-subject use in clinic with Bacterial Viral Filters (BVF™).
- Simple, validated hygiene system using Bacterial Viral Filters (BVFTM) means that keeping the device clean is easy and inexpensive.
- Compliant with: ATS/ERS 2019 and ISO 23747 / 26782 / 13485.
- Uses long life AAA batteries.
Product asma-1 Model 4000 Dimensions 109mm (length) x 63mm (width) x 42mm (height) Weight 63g (not including batteries) Flow Detection Principal Stator/rotor Accuracy Better than ± 3% (FEV1), ± 10% (PEF) Back pressure Less than 0.15kPa/L/second at 14L/s Measurement Range PEF: 25 – 840 L/min BTPS
FEV1: 0 – 9.99 L BTPS
! Bad Test Criteria Time to Peak Flow >120ms or a cough detected in the first second Power Supply 3V (2 x 1.5V AAA batteries) Expected Battery Life 3 months of use at 3 tests per day. (Batteries near the end of their shelf life will have reduced capacity.) Expected Product Life 6 years Operating temperature range 17–37ºC Operating humidity range 30%–75% Ambient pressure range 850hPa–1060hPa Performance standards ATS/ERS 2019, ISO 23747:2015, ISO 26782:2009 Safety standards EN 60601-1, EN 60601-1-11 EMC Standards EN 60601-1-2 QA/GMP standards EN ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, JPAL, MDSAP.